Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equip-

41%
Vote
Comments (1)

Will "Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equip-" be replaced by AI & Robots?

Based on the 2013 study it's unclear if this occupation will be replaced by robots/AI.

Automation Risk Level

Start worrying

or 41% probability of automation

Projected Growth

0%

by 2024

Median Annual Wage

$56,250

or $27.04 hourly

People Employed

67,390

as of 2016

Compare
Most likely
Least likely

How this compares with other jobs: 278 out of 706

Cast Your Vote




How likely do you think this occupation will be taken over by robots/AI within the next 20 years?

Job description

Repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas.

SOC Code: 49-2094

If you're thinking of starting a new career, or looking to change jobs, we've created a handy job search tool which might just help you land that perfect new role.

Search jobs in your local area

Comments

George (Small chance) says
I am a radar, automation, and data communication systems specialist for the FAA. Some parts of our profession are declining, but other parts are advancing rapidly. I think it is more likely that we will be privatized than that automation will take the jobs. Troubleshooting testing is about 80% accurate, but the remaining 20% requires human intervention. The hardware aspect also requires human dexterity.
Nov 07, 2019 at 03:21 PM

Leave a reply about this occupation

Your email address will not be published.
Comment
 
Name
 
Email (optional)
Copied